Saturday, January 10, 2009

Pirates go to the mall

"for oftentimes, both waking and in nightmare, I did not know on which orb I was, nor in which age, but felt my being adrift in the great gulf of space and eternity and circumstance, with no bottom for my consciousness to stand upon, the world all mirage and a strange show to me, and the frontiers of dream and waking lost.
---M.P. Shiel from The Purple Cloud

The Somali pirates won! Suck that lawmen everywhere, and fuck you sea police. They hijacked an oil tanker and got 3 million dollars dropped to them by parachute. Fuck the laws, holmes. I salute you, Somali pirates. Good job, now go to Northpark in Dallas. It is technically the "mall," but it is so unlike any other trashy mall in the world that I hang out there 24 hours a day when I go to Dallas. I HANG OUT AT THE MALL. Fuck you, I ain't scared. It's the best. It's not even a mall. It's like half doctors' office and half art museum. I don't even buy stuff there because that's completely missing the point. It's a transcendent experience to be there. People call me when I'm in Dallas, and I say "come meet me at Starbucks in Northpark, nigga. No, the upstairs one."

Been reading The Purple Cloud, so I haven't been watching any movies. I know, it's fucked up.

The Mall to End All Wars

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amor patriae nostra lex - Love of the Fatherland is our law.