Sunday, June 14, 2009

Head North West

"There is no god but God, Mohammed is the one true prophet."
---Shahada

So I drove from L.A. to Seattle alone, and it was EPIC. There were times when I thought I had always been driving my whole life, and that that's all there ever was. I slept in my car somewhere in the Redwoods area of Northern California. I had to wait until it was getting light though, because it's so terrifying, secluded, and Quiet out there. I was sure bigfoot or a serial killer would immediately snatch me up if I stopped in the night. I stopped relatively often just to walk out into the woods or down onto some beach. I collected:
2 rocks from the beach in Southern California
1 pine cone from Big Sur
some mysterious good smelling plants from the side of the road
1 fern frond from the redwoods


If I would have kept driving, I'm pretty sure my car would have been filled with plants and rocks. By what magical mechanism did I take all of these shameless photos of myself?


1 comment:

Teeeeney said...

ooooh apple pie school

I would surely fail