Monday, June 29, 2009

I ate Glass?

"I ate glass"
---Alex "Bolo" Daboub


I haven't written in forever. I think I'm brain dead. All I think about is money and jobs and getting jobs and whether I have too much time to think about jobs.

Cooked some noodles. I bought this dubious paste from an Asian grocery store named "black bean chili." Andrew told me to. I cooked a recipe he gave me that involves noodles and shrimp and vegetables. So I cooked it, and it tasted really great, but I wasn't banking on biting into literal GLASS. There are pieces of ground up glass in it. No jokez. I blame the black bean chili paste because it's from China, and China is mostly glass. Fuck you China! Cheenore. First Tiananmen SQuare and now this. You're really blowing it.

F.T.W.

The Decline of Western Civilization Part 2: The Metal Years --- Obviously good. Why even ask? L.A. is sleazy. L.A. used to be more sleazy by a factor that is incalculable. This movie is about hair-metal dudes. It's the bottom of the barrel of culture. It's just like The Decline of Civiliztion Part 1 but no one ever says anything funny or smart. (except Lemmy from Motorhead)

4 comments:

Me said...

oys all around

teeney said...

ooooh decline II is fabulous. oh man. there is no where to even start, it's just fabulous.

Keith said...

the pool stuff with the dude from W.A.S.P. makes me feel sooooo good and soooo bad inside

Alex Daboub said...

I know!!!!! that might be the most bleak thing I've ever seen. A man drinking himself to death while his mother watches smiling? noooooooooo.