Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pizza is...... OK

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn - which translates to: "In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
--- HP Lovecraft


Today I was eating a salad, and I found this suspicious looking thing in it. It looked like a hair at first, but upon further inspection, I realized with growing alarm that it might be an antenna. It looks like a tube sort of with brown rings around it. I can't keep eating my salad until I know what's going on with this thing. It could be some sort of plant matter I guess. I am trying to ask the internet what an antenna is made of, but it's sort of not telling me what I want to know. The thing is, eating bugs is the worst thing that you can ever do in your whole life, and you have to avoid it all cost.

Sort of related is that I heard the most insane thing on BBC radio thing last night. They were talking about drone planes and the research the dot.gov is doing on robotic soldiers. They're trying to create robots who could go out and kill people for us. The best part of this is that they are working on one that uses organic fuel to sustain itself.

"It can refuel itself on long journeys by scavenging for organic material - which raises the haunting spectre of a machine consuming corpses on the battlefield.

Its inventor, Dr Robert Finkelstein of Robotic Technology Inc, insists it will consume "organic material but mostly vegetarian."


Do scientists just sit around watching the scariest sci-fi movies they can find and then turn in book reports on them? That's how they get their ideas? I really hope they make a bunch of man-eating robots and they (obviously) will go berserk and try to take over the world.


Blood in Blood out - This movie is the most epic thing I've seen since Lawrence of Arabia. It's way more entertaining than I thought it would be. The best is that they say the title of the movie in the movie... twice! So validating.


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 : Secret of the Ooze ---


So good. So good. I was thinking... those turtles sure do love pizza. what's the deal with pizza? (seinfeld voice) Like how did pizza win out as the
official food of partying? Liking pizza a lot is really what makes them "TEENAGE." Then Vanilla Ice was in the movie, and I was trying to figure out how we ever accepted him as a valid person in the 90's. What were we doing?

4 comments:

annecy said...

alex, this post was really good. keep it up!

Paige said...

i am laughing and scared at the same time. it's me, paige.

-paige

Anonymous said...

Blood In, Blood Out is epic ... and pretty frickin' cheesy. American Me is where it's at. Edward James Almost is a pock-faced genius.

Alex Daboub said...

I keep hearing that I should watch American Me. I might just have to break down and do it.