Friday, June 18, 2010

All Cats are Gray - Comeback Tour 2010

I was busy moving back and forth across the country compulsively, and I haven't written anything in many, many months. I'm sorry bl-g g-ds. Well, now I am feeling pretty settled here in Seattle, and I intend to renew the horrible experiment called The Spacemovie. Mainly because all of my fans are clamoring for it so intensely, and I can't sleep with them banging on my windows... So, on the count of 3.
1...2.....


"When all candles be out, all cats be gray"
---John Heywood

"All cats are grey in the dark"
--- Benjamin Franklin

"In the caves all cats are grey"
--- Robert Smith

All Cats are Gray is the best song by the cure. I decided to do some internet research to try to figure out what the title means... The Quote is attributed to Benjamin Franklin, and it is supposedly his explanation of why you should "take an older woman to bed." Well, some other guy said it before he did supposedly... Either way, a couple hundred years later, the Cure had a song called "All Cats are Grey," and it's their best song ever. My friend Dana told me in 1996 that this was her favorite Cure song of all time, and I kept meaning to listen to it for roughly ten years. I kept putting it off until a few months ago, when I finally got around to it, and I'll be damned if she wasn't right. It's their best song dooooood.

Here is an appropriately maudlin video with the song:




I saw many movies. Here's a few:

Paris is Burning
High Noon
The Hands of Orlac
Lizard in a Woman's Skin
Phase IV
The Terror

Some were good, I really can't review them all. Get off my back.


No comments: