Monday, November 3, 2008

Sunday

"The terrestrial globe is covered with volcanoes, which serve as its anus."
--- Georges Bataille


Hmmm, what happened? Tonight Greg and I went to Fiesta to see about getting some bad movies for 1 dollar. I bought a movie made in Czechoslovakia about a cat wearing glasses that make him see peoples' true selves.













See? Earlier in the evening Hannah, Mr. Shiv's, Greg, Mike Wachs and I went out to the suburbs to see the new Jonathan Demme movie at the Arbor. Man, I'm really spoiled by Alamo Drafthouse. I forgot how weird it is out there in the real world. Also, it was irresponsible to spend money on a movie ticket given how I have no money at all. Bah! I even spent 10 dollars on some migas at Trudy's afterwords. I'm dumb.


"Rachel Getting Married"---New Demme movie. Getting great reviews. I hated it. This movie made me sQuirm around in my seat a lot. It was super melodramatic, and everyone was always crying and freaking out. I just wanted everyone to shut up. Plus, a lot of it was like watching the boring wedding video of someone you don't know which includes all of the bad sappy jokes and heartfelt toasts to people who don't exist in real life. I kept mouthing the words "The End" to myself over and over again. One ridiculous thing about the movie was that the wedding party looked like a United Colors of Benetton ad or something. It was a white girl marrying a black guy, and all of the friends represented every race on God's Green Earth. It was inexplicably an Indian(India) themed wedding where the bridesmaids all wore sarongs, and everyone ate Saag Paneer. There was an excessive amount of time devoted to people dancing together at the wedding party, but don't worry because every culture in the world was represented musically by the DJ. While everyone was booty-dancing and joyously smiling together, suddenly a group of salsa dancers busted in (to everyone's delight) and did a little show. Yay! How fun! It was like the fantasy world of some middle aged, NPR listening white man who lives in Vermont or something. Yeesh.
For the record I listen to NPR whenever it's on for 5 seconds in-between the 15 hour stretches of white men playing the blues on KUT.

Please Kill Me...
Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories
-H.P. Lovecraft...
Herzog on Herzog...
A´ Rebours-
JK Huysmans...---This is for my own record keeping purposes, don't pay attention if you don't wanna.

1 comment:

Me said...

good. now i don't have to see that movie. i can just eat saag paneer in my closet like i wanted to.

thank you alex. you may not realize it ... but you are a public servant.