Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sorry

"An attempt has been made on her life by the skeleton, Aith"
--M.P. Shiel


I didn't write for some time owing to not being able to locate the E button on my keyboard. I found it under an urn in the West Garden, and so now all is as it should be.

I have nothing much to say, actually. I have been watching a lot of movies and trying to edit some video footage for fun. Bah, nothing to say.


"Tell No One"--- French movie I saw with Greg , Hannah, Mike Wachs at Dobie. I (what?) liked? it? (huh?) Improbable, yes. Impossible, no? I don't usually like modern-day French movies all that much. Not modern-day thrillers either. This movie was pretty great-ish. It was all exciting and stuff, and not stupid. And in this French way, there were a lot of "fuck you's" to the police. It was charming. Fuck the pigs, man. Right? There were only a couple of really annoying things. One was when this guy was drowning his sorrows with a big glass of vodka, and the soundtrack at the exact instant was a Jeff Buckley (Tim Buckley? eh, who fucking cares.) song with the words, "I drink too much," all heartfelt and stuff. It was embarrassing. They're French, what can you do?

"The Red Shoes"--- Whoa. This was one of the best movies I have ever seen. No shit. It even made me think that the Ballet is cool. What is happening to me? My grandparents would be trying to give my Hannukkah gelt right now just for saying that. That might not make any sense, but I'm tired, and there's a cat on my good typing arm. This movie has this character Boris Lermontov, who is like the one of the coolest guys of all time. And I have to give credit to Isaac Mizrahi in Unzipped for pointing out how baddass this movie is.

"Porcile"--- Passolini movie, good stuff. One guy likes effing pigs, one guy likes eating human flesh. We all win.

No comments: