Sunday, March 29, 2009

Credit Card

"Fruit salad is Jewish"
---Lenny Bru
ce

I got a credit card. I've never had a credit card. I didn't even sign up for, so I assume they think I'm going to fuck up and get in crazy debt. Well I've got news for you, creditors, you aren't getting any of my money. Plus, everyone knows that we are approaching Mad Max world-wide scenario, and I intend to be in tons of debt when it goes down. If I'm in tons of debt when the world ends, then I win. The thing is, if I ever get REALLY bummed or get into a lot of trouble, I intend to buy a bunch of really expensive stuff with a credit card, buy a plane ticket to Thailand, and just CHIIIIIILLLLLL, son. I will be laying in an opium den, and I will only communicate with my concubine to ask her to hand me my pipe. Like this:





They'll never find me.









I bought some cowboy boots, a shirt, and some Thai Kitchen food. It felt like I was tricking them. "You're going to give me this stuff even though I have no money? Ooooooooo-kaayyyyyyyyy. I'm going to take it now, I'm walking out the door, ok?"
Finished The Purple Cloud finally. Need new book to read. I think I'm going to try either The House on the Borderland or A Voyage to Arkturus.

Freebie and the Bean - Part of my mission to watch all the interracial buddy-cop films. James Caan plays a white cop and Alan Arkin plays a Mexican (!?) cop. Actually a really funny movie for the most part. James Caan (Freebie) uses every imaginable racial slur for Hispanic people in the world for Arkin (The Bean.) It's got the reQuisite hard-ass captain who is about to take away their badges for being such loose canons. It has the crooked rich guy who has the police force in his pocket and is too powerful to arrest. This movie has so many film archetypes and cliches that it is closer to a Greek tragedy than a film. Except all the beaner talk.
















Downtown - Interracial buddy cop film starring Forest Whitaker and Anthony Edwards from ER. Super-white-man rookie cop Edwards gets assigned to the ghetto because he tried to give a ticket to yet another super-powerful, rich guy who has the police department in his pocket. Guess whether or not he's actually a mastermind behind all of the criminal activity in the Philadelphia. Anyway, Edwards gets teamed up with the veteran-cop with lazy eye, Forest Whitaker. Whitaker shockingly doesn't want to deal with an over-eager beaver kiss ass go-getter white boy, and hilarious hi jinks ensue. There is a scene involving soul-food. According to this movie, the Beach Boys are the musical embodiment of whiteness.

2 comments:

teeney said...

Will your concubine be asian too?

Alex Daboub said...

probably, but only out of convenience and availabilty