Sunday, October 26, 2008

crack

"You wanna freebase I got them hovers for your ass
a boulder on your pipe and you can have a megablast"
---Queen of England


Geez, smoking crack's not that cool, what's the big deal? However, megablast is a really cool word, and it sort of makes me want to take a megablast and go to outerspace.
love,
alex


"Doctor Zhivago"--- I have been trying to watch as many David Lean movies as possible. This is one of the true epics, and it was truly epic. Epic-ly true? No. Not epic-ly true. I really enjoyed it a lot. It has tons of cool stuff about the communist revolution in Russia, Klaus Kinski has a small role as an insane anarchist in a train, lots and lots of snow, and Julie Christie being a badass. The only thing that bothered me is that it is one of those movies based on all these crazy coincidences. This might be the book's fault? I'm not sure. But it's like Russia's a huge country, right, and I don't believe you keep running into Julie Christie every five feet you walk.

3 comments:

Me said...

have you ever seen "burnt by the sun?"

Alex Daboub said...

whats "burnt by the sun?" is that about crack?

Alex Daboub said...

oh, its more like doctor zhivago than crack. i am more like docotr zhivago that crack too.