Thursday, October 23, 2008

Obama Commercial

"achieves notable heights of cosmic fear"
---H.P. Loveman

Today I worked on an ad supporting the Obama campaign. It's sort of a "spec" ad because Obama isn't in it and didn't hire us to do it. It had the guy from that 90's hip-hop act "Black Sheep"...

Black Sheep video

In the thing Iworked on, he sings that song with revised lyrics about Obama and stuff, and it is all animated and about being over the war. I loved that song in the 7th grade, but I realized there is no way to tell Dres (of Black Sheep) this without being insulting. "Man I really loved that song you did 15 years ago." It is impossible to not convey the sense that I have no idea what you've been doing for the last million years. So I said nothing like a big coward, and he rapped in front of a green-screen and left. The End.

Then I went to Vulcan and worked and watched:

"Weather Underground"---Seemed like a good idea to watch something topical at work and so near the election. I'm doing my part to plant the seeds of doubt in O-bomba supporters. It's a good documentary, and the soundtrack is just this eerie buzzing noise, which is awesome. The thing that struck me the most was how much people used the word "motherfucker" in the 60's. (look in to it.) There were a lot of groups called the motherfucker-this and the motherfucker-that.

"24 Hour Party People" --- Happy Mondays part is worth the price of admission.

No comments: