Friday, December 26, 2008

5

"This is the fifth communication from the Weathermen Underground. Rosemary and Tim are free and high."---Statement from Weather Underground when they broke Timothy Leary out of jail



In 1970, The Brotherhood of Eternal Love paid the Weathermen to break Timothy Leary out of prison for 20,000 dollars. They literally didn't care about Leary but were such hard-asses that they could bust someone out of jail just to make some money. Then Leary escaped to Algeria where a bunch of Black Panthers had set up an independent state within the country's border. Why is no one this cool anymore? I wish there was a draft now so it would force us all off of our asses and do something interesting instead of being a bunch of dildos making music that sounds like it was written with the intent of being used for a future I-pod commercial. We are such a generation of pussies. Fuck us.

Oh and for posterity, last night I went to a party at John Magary's house who I was friends with in junior high and I haven't seen him in like 10 years. I ate a bunch of cheese dip and talked to Alex Kuzio, Shelly Acker, Toby, David Lowey, and Yasmine about G-d knows what. Actually, I spent most of the time taling to Alex about ayahuasca. I really want to try it, but I'm also pretty sure I would hate it while it was happening. Hmmmmmmmmm.


I'm about to watch "The Damned" by Michelangelo Antonioni but I have nothing to report yet.

No comments: