Monday, April 6, 2009

In the Field

"Taking a close look at what's around us, there is some sort of a harmony, it is the harmony of overwhelming and collective murder." ---Werner Herzog on the Jungle

I'm in Fort Stockton, TX at the La Quinta Inn watching Bill Maher on HBO. I am here working on some shoot. We start tomorrow morning, but I still don't know what what we are shooting.

Let's see what brother Herzog has to say:




Unknown Passage - The Dead Moon Story --- Sometimes badly made but still interesting documentary about the band Dead Moon. I hate rock documentaries in general, I only sort of like this band, but I still liked this movie. Dead Moon are sort of my ultimate fantasy of what the Northwest is like. They are all hairy and shlumpy and flanneled and stuff. What makes this an interesting movie is the couple who make up 2/3 of the band Fred and Toody Cole. They have been married forever, and they built their own house, music store, ghost town, and actually manufacture their own records with some sort of ancient vinyl pressing machine that they keep in their house. The sheer energy of the man Fred Cole is what makes this a compelling movie. He is a remarkable sort of person, and its not in a super-lame "inspiring" way.

1 comment:

teeney said...

Rereading this most recent entry, I suspect you are to blame for the dream I had in which I participated in a dance party with "brohter herzog."