Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dudes

"They don't like it when you watch their women eat" ---Alex Daboub

I saw a black cop riding a segway here, and I just felt bad for his mama. I wanted to cry for her.

Leah told me it bothered her that in Austin there are dudes named Austin, which is a thing, but what if I meet a dude here named Seattle? What could happen?





Dudes --- Jon Cryer playing a sort of unconvincing punk in the vein of Penelope Spheeris' other punk movies Suburbia and The Decline of Western Civilization. This movie starts out so strong and then sort loses it half-way through. Flea is in the 1st third, and he plays a legitamtely charming punk dude. The idea for this movie is some punks go the wild west and have to become gun fighting cowboys. It's supposed to be like a punk rock western. It doesn't Quite work somehow, although it's a really good idea. Lee Ving plays the villain, which is fun. Cryer's a homo.

1 comment: