Friday, April 10, 2009

turkey leg bone fence & ambiguous seattle sign

"Fuck this. Let's go do some crimes" ---Duke


I went out to West Texas for a job about a week before I came to Seattle. We pulled over at one point to shoot these oil wells and desert and I saw a strange thing: there was a dried out turkey or chicken foot attached to the fence. It looked like this:






















and this:














What is this? Is this voodoo? I was thinking maybe it was crazy black magic to keep people away from the oil wells? I didn't go in there because I don't want the heebie-jeeeebers. Does anyone know if I'm going to die now from looking at it?

Also: now I am in Seattle, and I saw this weird sexually ambiguous road sign. Comme ca:

What? Seattle, chill out. So apparently, this person is against people who have boobs, an arrow dick, make-up, wearing a skirt, and are carrying a tampon. Of course.








Repo Man - One of the really cool punk rock movies that remind me of being in high school. (Suburbia, Decline of Western Civilization, etc.) I really like how intensely Los Angeles this movie is. Watching it gives you such a feeling of sleazy LA-ness in the 80's. I love it. It has this weird sci-fi L.A. Quality that there are millions of secret sordid things happening just below the surface of the city, and that's what I like about L.A. It's hard to buy Emilio Estevev as a punk at first, becasue his clothes are nice and clean and pressed, but he sort of works into it. I eventually accept him as sort of one of those Marine-punks who are all clean and tough looking. He has a badass gay-little-earring in this movie.

2 comments:

teeney said...

Speak of the devil. I just rented the Decline... pt. 2 last night.

Anonymous said...

Rather than doing your grocery shopping on the very same day time of each week, look at store shopping one particular day time later on per week. If you shop using the same list, you will get protected multiple week's amount of your buying funds upon having frequent this training for 7 several weeks. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Somnamburg4[/url]